DWT’s Paul Glist will join cable industry leaders at the Cablefax Leadership Retreat, where he will kick off the event with a conversation on “Artificial Intelligence and the TV Ecosystem.” Specifically, Paul will guide a discussion on consumer-facing and internal legal issues raised by AI, including:
- Anticipating racial and cultural algorithmic bias when assessing credit risk or segmenting audiences for targeted advertising and marketing
- Discussing which network management and cybersecurity functions should be fully automated versus those that should require human interaction
- Ownership of derivative learning and IP derived from AI-assisted research and development
- Avoiding unintended (algorithmic) negative impact on protected groups when using AI for recruiting, screening resumes, or monitoring existing employees
- Training staff to head off and respond to coming regulatory demands or public / media efforts to blame or regulate AI.
The retreat will be held at the Ritz-Carlton at Amelia Island, Florida, on April 30 and May 1, allowing executives to share ideas about the future of their businesses while networking and connecting in beautiful surroundings so that they can return to work recharged and ready to focus on the future.